Thursday 24 January 2013

Vogue #1

During my absence from blogging (due to yet more technical issues) I spent a lot of time listening to my music collection - I managed to listen to every track on my iPod on shuffle, quite an achievement! One track led to the inspiration for this post, and the following ones of the theme. Madonna. I haven't done anything on this woman on this blog, and yet I love her. So, here it is, the Vogue rap, verse by verse, in my favourite pictures of the stars.

Greta Garbo, and Monroe
Dietrich and DiMaggio
Marlon Brando, Jimmy Dean
On the cover of a magazine

Greta Garbo - I love her simple 1930s style with the iconic thin eyebrows
Marilyn Monroe - Controversially I'm not a big fan of the classic Marilyn look, but I think she is one of the most natural beauties in her earlier photos
Marlene Dietrich - I was going to do the stereotypical Marlene-in-a-suit photo but then I came across this and just...wow. I want this on my wall!
Joe DiMaggio - apparently he's 'boning his bat'...no, that's not a euphemism 
Marlon Brando - Words do not describe my love, love, for this man.
James Dean - I used to have this as a poster on my wall from the age of 11. Most kids had Blue/McFly/Busted...I had Jimmy Dean.

2 comments:

Kerry Curl said...

Oh I haven't seen that Marlene picture before, good find! I love her. She is the one who made me fall in love with cravats. I now have Vogue n my head, must dig out my Madonna CD's....

Roxie Roulette said...

The Marlene photo is just amazing, I'd love it framed and on my wall! It's from her performance in Kismet (1994)